101 Things To Do Before You Die: My progress

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Missed #49 :( But things look good for doing/trying #74

#49- Last night was a total lunar eclipse that should have been visable from here in Michigan....but sadly, it wasn't. I'd really been looking forward to crossing this one off....but the sky was one giant cloud all last night & I never was able to see the moon. I guess there should be another total lunar eclipse visable from America in August. Hopefully the weather will be better.

#74- My sister & I did some serious looking into this one today. And I may be learning to fly a plane. We went to this private airport where they teach you this morning. We got a tour & all the info about prices & what-not for getting a private pilots license. It's insanely expensive but you pay small chunks of it after each lesson. I've never been in a flying plane before in my life. I'd say I'd never been in one at all, but today we got to climb into the planes, so I was actually in my first plane today. Anyway, my sister says she'll pay for our first lesson when school gets out. So I may fly in April. The instructor who showed us around said the first lesson you actually get to fly a plane. Exciting & a bit frightening. I dont know if I'll really have the money to continue lessons after the first one, but even if i don't, flying the first time would still be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home